Wednesday, September 2, 2009

chris and jaime cape


Why Hello All!

I am super happy to report that after an entire year I finally have my own blog id. Yaaayyyy! Happy Fall to me! I'm reporting live from MJ NYC where it is a perfect early Fall day. The sun shinesbrightly during the daylight hours but in the evening the temperature drops a bit. Thus, I think it is safe to say that jacket season is soon upon us and lucky for me I LOVE jackets!

I must admit I have a reputation for never taking off a new jacket I love. Brooke likes to remind me of Fall 2006 when I didn't remove my Marc Jacobs navy zip up sweatshirt jacket from my body for the entire season. What can I say--a gorgeous jacket always makes the cold weather more tolerable!

Anyway... The point of this entry is to talk about my obsession with chris and jaime's new black cape. Made of 80% wool and 20% nylon it is light enough to wear in the evenings now and heavy enough to wear deep into the fall. Tried capes before and can't make them work? This one has full buttons down the front so you can unbutton or button up to your liking. There are actual arm holes so you always know where to put your arms (basic I know but capes can be tricky!!) In general I don't like to wear wool (I get too hot and I don't like the texture on my skin) but if the weight is light enough and the hand is smooth enough I will oblige. The 80% wool and 20% nylon is the perfect mix-- it allows the warmth of wool yet feels like a heavy cotton on the skin. And, the best thing yet is that it is one size fits all! Ahhh, the beauty of a cape...

No comments: