Wednesday, February 23, 2011

It's the Simple Things...

The end of winter can cause a torrent of emotions: anxious anticipation of the warm sun, bitter resentment toward yet another snowfall, or boredom from donning the same boots day-after-day. It's times like these that I like to focus on the little things that make everyday life just a little happier. Here's a few "simple pleasures" that get me through the single-digit-degrees... perhaps they can help you hold out until the sundresses and espadrilles too!

A printed Marimekko automatic mini umbrella $28. With the freakish amount of precipitation we've gotten this season, I've had my duck boots and umbrella handy at all times. Brighten up a dreary disposition with a pop of color from your pop-out umbrella, for the next time is starts to "wintry-mix"!


The perfect-fitting pair of denim $134-$188. Nothing makes me feel better than a great pair of jeans. We have a style, brand--and length--for everyone! Stop by for a one-on-one consult to find the best fit for your body!


One of Aunt Sadie's Scented candles $16. Few things beat a sweet smelling living room when I'm cozied up with a crossword. And the new spring and summer scents transport my mind to warmer places!


A crisp new Last Tango tank $32. Perk up an outfit by pairing one of these puppies with your favorite neutral cardigan - great to coordinate with a favorite pair of flats or bling earrings!


JPK Paris 75 tote bag in Grass $198. Defy the drab duds of winter with a vibrant colored tote bag! Carrying my gym clothes or paperwork in one of these makes me smile despite the blaring winds!


What are some of your simple pleasures? Visit our FB page and post on our wall to share here:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Mint-Julep/34089828177

xo Cay

No comments: