Friday, April 24, 2009

Gumballs Doing Good

Several years ago, I was given this shiny, beautiful gumball machine as a birthday gift from Steph and Travis. Clearly, they know their audience, right?!? The photo is a bit blurry, but this stunning girl sits at about 4 feet tall and serves as our Walmart style "greeter" at our Brookline location. For a mere quarter, you get a yummy gumball and a trip down memory lane to the days when good behavior at the grocery store would be recognized with a treat from the magical candy dispensers at the exit of the store.

From the minute I got my gumball machine, there was no doubt in my mind, my gumball money would go to charity. Let me tell you, those quarters have really added up over the years and I've proudly made donations to many local charites and food pantries.

So the next time you're in the Brookline store, enjoy a gumball and know that your quarter is going to a good cause.

No comments: